Old 30-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Timmy T Timmy T is offline
Registered User

Thanks for your thoughts!

We're only moving about 5 miles down the road, so I hope the water should be fairly similar, and the spring that feeds the pond only rises about 3 yards from the pond itself, so the isssue of run off/contamination should be fairly low.

I say "spring", but it doesn't gush from the ground like a guyser, more like a seep, so again the flow through the pond is quite slow.

The transportation of fish/toads should only take about 15 mins, so again I hope this trauma should be kept to a minimum. I've aquired some polythene bags that a local shop use to transport purchased fish, so I hope this will be sufficient. They recommended filling about 1/3 full with pond water, and placing the bags in the new pond for 30 mins or so before letting them out. Does this sound a sensible plan of attack?

Thanks again for your help, it's very much appreciated,

TT