Old 30-03-2011, 04:19 PM
ctsanders1 ctsanders1 is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Websell[_2_] View Post
Has anyone else tried growing them? Mine are not a success, they have gone
to seed already without making a root.
I grew them in a 3 ft deep box of compost (they would struggle in my clay
soil) but I've used the box several times for beans and not replaced the
compost.
I thought they'd be able to get their roots down in there, but alas, they
are obviously not impressed. Ideas?

Tina

I thought a
Hi Tina Radishes require a sandy loam to really do well in, and a pH around 7 (neutral).... When I've had problems with them not producing a bulb (root), I've mixed in sand with the soil, as well as made sure it was "loose" and not compacted. The best website I can refer you to is: Radish Garden - Healthy Snacks because they address all these typical issues. Hope this helps