Old 30-03-2011, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Why remove moss from a lawn?

On Mar 30, 10:37*am, Chris ] wrote:
Why remove moss from a lawn?
It's pleasant to walk on!
Is there any reason?
--
Chris

Because for some sad people moss = dirt. ;~)

If it's green and comfortable to walk on then I have much more
interesting things to do than obsess about moss and better things to
spend money on than moss killers, feeds, scarifying etc.(like plants -
and creating good conditions in which to grow them) So we have mossy
herb rich grass (that's daisys, self heal, clover, sundry speedwells,
the odd cowslip etc.)
A neighbour of ours has just had his grass 'Green Thumbed' There is
absolutely nothing else in his garden.

Rod