Old 31-03-2011, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Blue Tits

Bill Grey wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message
Well we were hoping that whilst we were away, the Blue Tits would do
something in their box, like ....... nest.

Watched it for 24 hours since our return and
.............................. nothing

Just a tad early yet. They will, honest.

Not for mine: the bottom of the box is fully covered even in the nest cup
and there is already some lining of coloured bits of wool and some natural
stuff from the lambs' wool that I put out specially. (The nearest sheep
pasture is miles away.)

But my box has been used for years (see
http://www.mjcoon.plus.com/nest%20box%20drama.htm) and has been actively
"reserved" since last Autumn.