Old 31-03-2011, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default hi im new and need help!

In message ,
Janet writes
In article , popticle.80a47b7
says...

that's fine but my post isnt particularly difficult to read, my grammar
is just a bit off.

It sends a message you really can't be bothered. This is not a winning
tactic when you're asking others to make some effort to help you.

Bad grammar etc. doesn't really bother me, but I did actually find the
post difficult to read, primarily because it was mostly one long
paragraph. Lack of capital letters and full stops makes it worse. In
fact I didn't read it, first time round, my news groups reading time is
limited. Things that are harder work are more likely to get ignored

how do i know if the soil is acidic?

you can get a soil ph testing kit for a few quid, or soil ph meter in
the garden centre, or online from gardening suppliers or ebay.

i did look for an edit button to correct the missing capital
letters etc but i couldnt see one?

Probably because Gardenbanter, whilst looking like a web forum, isn't
actually one. It's a web interface effectively to something called
uk.rec.gardening , which is a newsgroup. They've been around long before
the web. I'll not bore with the details,but when a message has been
sent, it's like an e-mail, you can't then edit it
--
Chris French