Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default new leaves on amazon sword stay reddish brown?

Does anyone know why the new leaves on my amazon sword are staying a reddish
brown color? The older ones that existed when I bought the plant are big
broad green leaves (so I know it's supposed to be green ). Now even some
of the older green leaves are becoming transparent and there's some holes in
them. I've heard maybe low nitrates?..and that a person can somehow add KNO3
to the water to get levels up. How is this done?

(48gal. tank, no C02, some "Terralit" substrate amoung plants, 2X 4 foot
PowerGlo lights, no other fertilizers)

THANX!!
Dave.

(I've posted this before but didn't get as much help as I needed at the
time)