Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.birdwatching
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Blue Tits

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message

"Darkside" wrote in message ...

In article , 'Mike'
writes

Blue Tits in and out of the box!!!

The other day a pair of blue tits were checking mine out. Today one of
them had a good peck at some old garden twine hanging from a post then
flew to the box. Time to put out some nesting material.
--
Sue ]

I often compost the 'fur' that collects on the tumble drier filter. I
wonder if this would be ok to put out as a nesting material? It forms a
nice soft layer and can be up to 5mm thick.
Bertie

I tried that a couple of years ago. I collected it and put it in a string
bag the onions? or some veg came in, but A) It got wet and soggy and B) the
birds were not interested in it before it got wet.

Didn't try again

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive