Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Babysit a dog?

"Baz" wrote in message
We have been looking after a dog over the last few days.
It was a last minute thing after the owner was hospitalised.

What a pleasure it has been to have this lad. We have been walking with
him
and have had so much real 'time' together, we have even been out in the
countryside looking in ponds etc. (we never do that these days)

We have had NO cats in the garden fouling the freshly dug soil, that is
what I meant to say first.

It's going to be a wrench letting him go home.

Baz

Have you considered having a dog of your own which isn't a dog of your own?

We have trained many Guide Dogs in their 'early years'

http://www.guidedogs.org.uk/whatwedo.../puppywalking/

A very worthwhile pleasure.

No you don't get attached to the dog because you know that it is not yours,
but you are doing something very important.

We also 'Collected Silver Paper' and donated a Guide Dog. we have a lovely
little memento of this in the form of a Silver Guide Dog in harness on a
plinth.

:-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive