Old 02-04-2011, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
told2b told2b is offline

Default Are my Canterury Bells (Campanula Medium) dead?

On Mar 27, 7:50*am, scafell
wrote:
Last year I bought 5 Canterbury Bells plants which were fairly well
established and already flowering. I never got around to planting them
in the ground so I tried to keep them well protected (from too much hot
sun/wind) and watered. At the end of the season they went brown and
completely died back. Currently all that is left is a dry twiggy outline
of the plant.

I'm fairly new to this whole gardening thing - but I thought they were
prerennial as in they come back each year? At least that is what it says
on the label.

How will I know if they are completely dead or just dormant?
What do the seeds look like? There are all kinds of 'bits' on the
surface of the soil under each plant - if some of these are seeds I
would like to try and germinate them.

--
scafell

Canterbury Bells (Campanula medium) also known as the bell flower, is
an annual or biennial.