Old 02-04-2011, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Babysit a dog?

On 2011-04-02 15:19:52 +0100, Baz said:

We have been looking after a dog over the last few days.
It was a last minute thing after the owner was hospitalised.

What a pleasure it has been to have this lad. We have been walking with him
and have had so much real 'time' together, we have even been out in the
countryside looking in ponds etc. (we never do that these days)

If you would enjoy further spells of temporary dog company, why not put word around?
There are many, many dog owners who would much rather park their dog with a trusted doglover,
than in kennels .. for an afternoon, a whole day, a weekend etc. We do a lot of dog-sitting
(company for our own dog) and we also, have a dogless older couple nearby who are very eager to host our own dog
as often as possible. Of course they treat her like a princess so she can't wait to be invited.

I've often thought hiring "timeshare" dogs would be a great little business :-)

Janet