Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Would it harm my Rose bush if cigarette ash was flicked into the soil?

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 22:00:00 +0000, Sultana Wahab
wrote:

Apologies if the above question sounds stupid. A nice response
appreciated.
Thanks for reading

Reading the preceding postings which partly relate to the health
disbenefits of smoking, you talk about "flicking" of cigarette ash.

The volume of ash resulting from the average cigarette is miniscule in
relation to the amount of soil surrounding the plant roots. It is also
miniscule in relation to the volume of foliage on any respectable
plant.

So the answer is essentially "don't worry".

But, as an apologetic ex-filthy-anti-social-habit-smoker, I'm really
intrigued as to why you've asked the question.