Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey[_2_] bobharvey[_2_] is offline

Default Babysit a dog?

On Apr 2, 3:19*pm, Baz wrote:
We have been looking after a dog over the last few days.

It's going to be a wrench letting him go home.

I'm not going to suggest you might not have thought of repeating the
experiment or might not have thought of permenantly rehoming one. But
I would put in a word for rescue dogs. We've had pedigree dogs from a
breeder and rescue dogs. I've had far better dogs as rescue dogs.
Our latest two were ex-strays, which have been hard work but are
tremendous little individuals. I like crossbreeds anyway.

Most people want puppies but there is a real need to find homes for
older dogs, either from dogs homes or from the rescue officers of
breed societies. Don't forget the older dog.