Old 04-04-2011, 12:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pre packed rhubard roots

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Grub wrote:

Thanks David.

I finally have a fresh, still alive, root but now need a little
advice about growing it. I've heard soo many different conflicting
instructions I'm totally confused! I'm pretty sure now that I
shouldn't touch it for a year but I've read all about this forcing
business and in the Mirror today they have written that it only
grows pink if it IS forced.

Need a rhubarb expert to clarify for me! :s

Pink?? Usually the stems are red.

There are different cultivars, I have two, one quite red, one mainly green
with touches of red. The latter looks horrible when cooked but tastes just
as good.