Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Would it harm my Rose bush if cigarette ash was flicked into the soil?

On 2011-04-02 21:43:08 +0100, "Bill Grey" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message

[...]

I'd rather use banana skins!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I have difficulty in lighting them, even then they're not a nice smoke
anyway.

Bill

Lol! I'll take your word for that, Bill!

We watched an old Heston Blumenthal programme on Belgian TV this week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008bylh

In the programme he smoked salmon in a pile of burning straw that he
put in a squirrel trap.
Anybody in his right mind would have smoked the salmon in a closed tin
using oak saw dust.

Those who tried to smoke straw behind the school bike sheds can
imagine the result.

Blumenthal should go to Iceland. There, I tried two kinds of smoked
salmon: one was very good, but conventional. The other tasted as
though it had been smoked over a fire of slow-burning sheep-droppings.
This was because it had been smoked over a fire of slow-burning
sheep-droppings. I wasn't offered any smoked puffin -- an apt name, it
only now occurs to me.

--
Mike.