Old 04-04-2011, 04:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default The Battle for Biodiversity

Billy wrote:
i'd like to comment, first, on your labour union colonnard:

colonnard????
do you like everything you wear, use for your house & personal self,
food for your pets to eat & toys with which to play??? AND they're
'almost' ALL being made in china; more americans out of work since
the "great depression" just because workers were convinced they
NEEDED a 40-hour week, 2-full day weekends, and a minimum of a 2
week paid vacation??? then, thank an american labour union!!!!!!!!

I buy American, as I do organic, if I have a choice. Most jobs that
I've had didn't include paid vacation time. There are 5 unemployed
for every employment offer, and I do thank labor unions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_affair even when some of them
became predatory in their own right. The Knights of Labor, IWW, and
the International Longshoremen's Association are to to be respected
for the benefits that they brought to American workers, that elevated
them to the middle class, and created the backbone of American
prosperity. Once again we see that workers who want a piece of the
wealth that they produce are being called "Communists".
(don't forget, when the govt. is counting unemployment numbers,
they're ONLY counting those ppl. who ARE working 40-hr. weeks of
8/hr./ day)

And as we lose our unions, we are losing our middle class. Heading our way to
being peons as "trickle down" does what it's designed to do.