Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Gardeners World gone to seed

In article ,
says...

I don't watch GW, but I find it hard to believe that the BBC takes any
notice of what URGLERS have to say.

It would be amazing if they did not; TV programming is immensely
competitive and all broadcasters use focus groups of viewers to monitor
the viewers opinions. Urg = big free focus group.

In the past, urg has been mentioned on GQT; Alan Titchmarsh's publicity
team were most certainly monitoring urg because posters here were
recruited to work on his website, and Monty Don has posted here fairly
recently.

Janet