Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Babysit a dog?

On 2011-04-04 13:20:20 +0100, Baz said:

Sacha wrote in :

Has he fathered any offspring?

Sacha,
Not yet, but when a suitable female can be found Ronnie (his owner) will
encourage him. I have been told that Rolf's parents have a pleasing
nature
too so the breeding is in them hopefuly.
We have been feeding him wrong too, wrong food and too much! But it was
inexperience on our part.
Yesterday(Sunday) we took him to some unused iron ore quarries where it
is
all nature and privately owned now but with permission we can go there.
We
stayed there all day and Rolf was looking everywhere with his tail up and
using all his energy so I fed him some cooked chicken without bones and
he
ate the lot. A bit later and he was using up his energy so he was fed his
can of meat. And so on until the thunder and lightning with lashing rain
we
had here last night. I swear to you Sacha that he was scared shitless and
was shaking like a jelly and have only heard one bark from him but he
made
sure we were ok. before he jumped into the back of the car. I swear that
is
true. I could not beleive it.

Baz

I can well believe it. Dogs are so devoted and ask so little in return,
so he did his duty by you before thinking of himself. And plenty are
really scared of the sound of thunder, guns, fireworks or even the crow
scarers. Poor chap. With ours, we find that chicken seems to be THE
gourmet delight for them. If we're having chicken Oscar and Bromley will
be circling around, hoping we'll weaken and believe they haven't been fed
for three weeks!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Too much chicken can cause skin problems , but if a dog is off colour ,
small meals ofchicken and rice can help can help recovery.

Bill