Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Smudge Smudge is offline

Default Fish loss

Absolutely! what a wonderful thing to have otters in the garden. I
think I would be more than happy to share. Shame about the fish, I
know how I felt when the heron took all mine one year, after which I
netted the pond. I now have a really large flourishing pond community,
but would gladly remove the nets if I thought I could encourage
otters. Not sure I would keep replacing the fish, that could become
expensive. What else do they eat?

Bobbie

The thing is that as otters (at least around here) seem to be mainly
nocturnal I haven't actually seen this band of bandits yet :-))

Nothing for it Gopher, you will have to set up a hide, and stay up all
night.
I did that when I discovered we had a family of hedgehogs living under
a shed.
It was worth the discomfort just to watch that prickly Mum and her
young stalking the slugs. I would certainly do it for otters. :-)

Bobbie

Hmmmm :-)). The thought had crossed my mind but I suspect it might be a
long wait unless I arrange to supply some chips and a glass of chilled
Meursault to accompany the new fish).

LOL I will certainly drink that.

Bobbie