Old 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Wasp or bee?

On 5 Apr 2011 15:41:23 GMT, wrote:

Mike Lyle wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47493880@N00/5592174504/

Bumble bee. Wasps are smooth and the ordinary ones have very distinct
stripes as well as the equally pronounced famous wasp waist.

Non-bumbley bee, I think you'll find. But yes, the more I look at it the
more I'm inclined to agree.

Also, the fact that it was mostly asleep and almost underground would also
seem to imply a beelikeness.

Well, non-hive bee, at any rate, and certainly not a wasp. I can't
claim knowledge of all the bee species, though it would be nice if I
knew more than just "honey" for one lot and "bumble" for the rest.

--
Mike.