Old 05-04-2011, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default [OT] c'mon billy grow some historical perspective (was FishFertilizer and saving fish stock

Billy wrote:
Bill who putters wrote:

What is the "Laughers Curve" ?

It's the economic joke that Reagan pulled on the U.S. Sometimes spelled
by the less humorous as "Laffers Curve", it is supposed to justify
"Trickle Down" economics, a.k.a. "VooDoo economics". The theory was that
there was an optimum level that would generate the most revenue. The
irony is that America was at its most prosperous between 1947 and 1964
when progressive tax rates went as high as 91% to 70%.

c'mon, i expect more brains from you billy.

study a small amount of history and note that
the USoA from 1945 on was perhaps the only major
industrial country that didn't suffer damage to
it's manufacturing infrastructure.

given the state of the rest of the world we had
no place to go but up. you can tax that sort of
system heavily and not kill it. taxing a weak
growth system (like we have now) with many other
issues and it's not going to perform very well.

songbird