Old 06-04-2011, 10:25 AM
matttrim01 matttrim01 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheffieldGarden View Post
Hi Matt,

Laurel is a good choice but sometimes difficult to prune neatly because of its large leaves.

Considering your requirements I would also consider Holley (Ilex) - A bit more slow to grow but makes a great hedge and really dense once established. Also Pyacantha (Firethorn). If you want prickly this is the way to go (2-3inch thorns!) Also quick growing and provides a nice dense hedge once established.

Hope this helps

Alex
Thanks Alex for the info, yes i remeber the leaves being just too big for my parents trimmer when i used to cut theirs.

I shall check out the Pyacantha, thanks.

I would pick Holley if it grew quicker, i like it a lot.

cheers!!