Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fig tree planting retstraint

Later this year I have two more fig trees to plant, someone recently
mentioned a special perforated nylon bag you can get to restrain the roots,
apparently lets the little feeder roots through but strangles the big roots,
but I can't find it on Google which normally means I am not using the right
term for it! anyone know what these are called or better still where I can
get them (probably nothing to do with fig trees)
I know I could use the stainless steel drum from an automatic washing
machine but I thought the bag sounded a neat solution

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs