Old 07-04-2011, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Fig tree planting retstraint

In message , Charlie Pridham
writes
Later this year I have two more fig trees to plant, someone recently
mentioned a special perforated nylon bag you can get to restrain the
roots, apparently lets the little feeder roots through but strangles
the big roots, but I can't find it on Google which normally means I am
not using the right term for it! anyone know what these are called or
better still where I can get them (probably nothing to do with fig trees)
I know I could use the stainless steel drum from an automatic washing
machine but I thought the bag sounded a neat solution

Ah yes, what to call it?

root restriction bag, or root control bag, seem to be the thing.

Here is one I found earlier :-) :

http://www.pomonafruits.co.uk/root-control-bag-p-108.html
--
Chris French