Old 07-04-2011, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Planting Onions

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Fed up with the birds hooking out and scattering the Onion Sets each year,
SWMBO, 'The Gardener' of the house, has planted the Onion Sets in Plug
Size trays. We don't need a lot, in fact we can't plant a lot as we only
have a small garden.

Anyone else tried this and does it work?

AND, do they come out of the plugs OK?

Mike

I put 4 sets round the outside edge of a pot about 6" dia, then when I've
got a pot full of roots, and shoots about 6" high, I plant the clump. It
works a treat.

Steve