Old 07-04-2011, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Corporal Jones[_2_] Corporal Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Planting Onions

On 07/04/2011 15:42, shazzbat wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote in message
Fed up with the birds hooking out and scattering the Onion Sets each
year, SWMBO, 'The Gardener' of the house, has planted the Onion Sets
in Plug Size trays. We don't need a lot, in fact we can't plant a lot
as we only have a small garden.

Anyone else tried this and does it work?

AND, do they come out of the plugs OK?

Mike

I put 4 sets round the outside edge of a pot about 6" dia, then when
I've got a pot full of roots, and shoots about 6" high, I plant the
clump. It works a treat.

Steve

Planted mine out yesterday after planting them in plugs 5 weeks ago in
the greenhouse, worked well last year so hopeful for this year

Barry

--
Corporal Jones
"Don't panic don't panic"