Old 07-04-2011, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default flower ideas sought for very thin poor soil area

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 19:35:52 +0100, The Night Tripper
wrote:

Hi there
Thanks for all the ideas. I actually have some Californian Poppy seeds I
meant to sow last year, so I'll certainly try those. I meant Rosebay Willow
Herb rather than the Clematis that was mentioned. And I have a fondness for
Nasturtiums for obscure reasons, so I'll give those a try (I probably should
have mentioned that this little strip is adjacent to a chain link fence.

Thanks a lot.

I really recommend you not to use rose bay willow herb: I doubt if it
would actually grow in the near soil-less conditions you describe, but
if it did, you'd infest your own and every garden in the neighbourhood
with its wind-blown seeds.

--
Mike.