Old 08-04-2011, 05:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default [OT] c'mon billy grow some historical perspective (was Fish Fertilizer and saving fish stock

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

songbird wrote:

i think it likely we'll have some more
epidemics of some kind. population density
continues to increase as people move to
the cities.

Not in the US. More and More people are moving to the country. Carving up
the the land into smaller and small segments at a destructive pace. The
last census showed that most cities have fewer people. I am one of those
that fled the city for the safety of the country.

And increased transportation cost$ to go to the markets, stores, and
other business offices that are found in towns and cities. Do you get
all your culture from the small screen?

Not at all, now that I am retired my cost for fuel has been dramatically
reduced. I no longer drive a hundred miles round trip each day. I use more
gas in my lawn mower than my truck now. I only go shopping twice a month.
Gas can go to ten bucks a gallon for all I care now. I may start riding my
bike ten miles one way to the nearest market or get horse.

Does this mean I have to kick my chickens, dogs and bessy the cow out of my
bed room

Nad, I don't think you have a firm grasp on the concept of animal
husbandry ;O)

That is a good one