Old 08-04-2011, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default OK to use ammonia on edible plants.

Billy wrote:

Doug, my rant has nothing to do with the form of government per se.

When I read your posts I don't reach that conclusion.

You know my fondness for quotes, so let me offer one from the
capitalist's boogyman.

"Capital that has such good reasons for denying the sufferings of the
legions of workers that surround it, is in practice moved as much and as
little by the sight of the coming degradation and final depopulation of
the human race, as by the probable fall of the earth into the sun ...
- Karl Marx, the Capital (Vol. 1, Part III, Chapter Ten, Section 5)

As manufacturing jobs disappear to automation now early in the
information revolution the way agricultural jobs disappeared to
industrial farming tools early in the industrial revolution, phyical
capital gradually declines in value. Does this mean that intellectual
property is the next type of capital?