Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Lionel[_2_] Lionel[_2_] is offline

Default chook questions somewhat OT

On 28/03/11 10:51, David Hare-Scott wrote:
Secondly, how do I stop one of them (only one particular hen) from
laying outside the nest provided?

I'll just add to what others said. If you add a second nest, try leaving
some fake eggs in their, that encourages them to lay where you want. As
mentioned, you can keep them in the pen longer. But I don't believe you
need to figure out what time she is laying as they won't lay past
mid-day, so let them out at 1pm and you should be fine.

As an aside, chickens lay one hour later every day and so should skip a
day of laying about every 5 days. This is all from memory from a long
time ago so I hope it is accurate and I wasn't fed bullshit .

Lionel.