Old 09-04-2011, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT OT Classical Music.

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 'Mike' wrote:

I like Classical Music and 'understand it and enjoy it' without being
able
to read music or play an instrument and have been offered a slot on a
radio
station, to introduce Classical Music to those who would like to
understand
it, but have the preconceived ideas of A, B or C.

I would welcome your comments.

I wonder what you mean by classical music. Most people seem to think
it's
the Eric Robinson, easy-listening, music-down-the-middle, kind of music.

As a music graduate, and an ex-teacher of students up to university
level
(and currently a music examiner) I can probably give you some help in
"understanding" it. You may need it! ;-)

Thank you David.

I have been emailed and told I have used the wrong word. Not
'understanding', but 'Introduction and Appreciation'.

Is that better David?

No, not really. Remember what Sir Thomas Beecham said, "The British don't
understand music, they just like the noise it makes."

David

http://rance.org.uk

"" No, not really. ""

That's all right David, I don't expect any of the Clique to agree with me.

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive