Old 10-04-2011, 10:05 PM
AlexBG AlexBG is offline
Registered User

Default Tree Types For A Boggy Soil.....

Good Evening!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post this evening.

My wife and I are doing major overhaul of our garden - one aspect that I want to change is to give us a bit of privacy, so I am really wanting to plant some fast growing trees around the edge of my property.

The only problem is that my soil is not of the best quality - I've lived in this house for over 10 year now, and the soil is really "boggy" during the winter & when it rains heavily, however it does eventually improve during the warmer months. Is there any fast growing screening trees that would survive in my particular soil type?

I was considering purchasing some Leylandii trees - I have some of these at the front of the house where the soil seems to be of a better quality - these are really flourishing at the moment, would these be suitable in the boggy soil? I really don't want to go and spend a fortune on plants, only for these to die when they are planted - so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Alex
Glasgow, Scotland