Old 10-04-2011, 08:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default Tiller?

Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

"Steve Peek" wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message
On Apr 5, 12:37 pm, "Steve Peek" wrote:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a new rear tine tiller? Due to my
disability I can no longer use my 30 year old troybuilt horse. I need
something big enough to cultivate over 4000 sq ft. but easily manageable.
Thanks,
Steve

If you have money to burn about $50k. How about a small compact tractor.
They can mow the lawn, can add a five foot tiller, front loader, remove the
snow, rear baggers for lawn clippings and small enough to fit in your
garage. About the size of mid size car.

Easy on the back but hard on the wallet.

You have a wallet? A little ostentatious, don't you think, or is it just
an heirloom?

Doing my gardening with newspapers, alfalfa, a pointy stick, and sweat.
Total cost $18.

"Tickle the earth with a hoe, it will laugh a harvest."
- Mary Cantell

When gas gets much higher, I will have get out my scythe.

For those with health problems a pointy stick may not do the job. If one
has a heavy duty machine like a tractor, a person in their nineties or with
disabilities can can do the job of those that are twenty years old without
disabilities. I am partial to the John Deere 4300 series.