Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Shawn Martin[_2_] Shawn Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Cucumbers

Jane G. wrote:
On Apr 1, 5:28 am, gingerbrad
wrote:
Hi

Last year we tried to grow some cucumbers in the greenhouse but they
really struggled and we got next to nothing for our work. So this year
rather than taking up greenhouse space we are going to try an outside
variety at the allotment like our neighbour (Yorkshire) which seemed to
do quite welll.

I haven't seen him this year yet to ask what he grew so does anybody
have any experience or any advice of which type to go for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
gingerbrad

How easy is it to grow cucumbers in the Arizona desert (Phoenix metro
area)?

Real easy, provided you can provide enough water. One of the most
productive gardens I ever had was in El Paso, TX. Great drainage, just
provide natural manure, and plenty of water.