Old 10-04-2011, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Planting Onions

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
am says...

On 10/04/2011 15:42, Baz wrote:

Yep. I can see some old forgotten garlic showing now which should have
been
dug up. The shoots can liven up shop bought salads at this time of year
when, for us at least, nothing else comes from the garden.

I think that this is the best time of year despite nothing edible.

I don't know about nothing edible... we've got lots of asparagus, spring
greens, lettuce, chives and garden cress. The late planted carrots and
parsnips from last year are just about big enough to eat now and there
are several rows of leeks to eat. Just polished off the last of the
curly kale.

We're still eating delicious new growth on last year's cavolo nero kale;
plus new rhubarb, chives, and last year's parsley re-sprouted.

Janet

We brought home a dozen or so radishes today. French breakfast, sown in the
greenhouse for an early crop. Also some overwintered everlasting onions.

Steve