Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Tiller?

On Apr 10, 3:19*pm, "Steve Peek" wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message

No one eats better than I! I'm not
quite sure what you want, ask questions. If I know the answer I'll be glad
to share.

Appalachians ? Been in that area a bit. Spend a life one winter in
Dahlonega, Georgia humping those Mts in the early 70s. Then a hella
lot of time on both sides of that State. A little time in your
State. Read a lot of the old Foxfire series books about the
Appalachians in & since that time. Good stories into a disappearing
way of life.

I was that kid once myself, Steve. Sharp stick and a dull 3 blade
pocket knife, an old twig wrapped with salvaged fishing line, a hook
and a sinker crammed in an old Prince Albert Can for "just in case".
Probably the reason I'm too old to be this young , but some
hellaciously good times to recall for the later years.

Mushrooms and bees are good. Both of them are on my list of “to-
dos”. As much liberty as some here take in defining “Edible Garden”
topics, I think foraging crops or “wilding” (not the catch word it
once was) would be a good occasional topic. Sure beats clueless BS on
tractors vs. Newspaper, don’t ya think?

Got any recipe/cooking ideas with herbs and veggies you forage?
I can dig up some from up here?