Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds Malcom \Mal\ Reynolds is offline

Default What pollinates apples, besides bees?

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote:

In article ,
"Steve Peek" wrote:

Honeybees were first brought here by the pilgrams, by T. Jefferson's
time there were thousands of escaped "wild" colonies.

Which in fact means they weren't "native". Perhaps you mean invasive?

Try "feral".

Whatever you call them, you can't call them "native"

What kind of brain damage am I dealing with here?

I don't know. Why don't you go to a doctor and upload the results of his tests
on you.

If they were domesticated, and escaped into the wild, they are ipso facto feral,

I've never heard the term used this way, but sure

indigenous (native) or not.

They may have become part of the ecosystem, but they were never indigenous and
still aren't. Do try to learn the difference