Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Help with Heron please!

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

purplegirl wrote:
Hi, I am new to gardenBanter through desperation at losing all my fish
(30+) to a Heron. We have a decoy - obviously useless! but wondered if
anyone has had success with anything else? We want to re-stock but only
when we have made it safe from this horrible bird. Thanks.

Herons are not horrible birds. Grey herons live in my area. I think they
rather majestic in flight. I enjoy watching the kingfishers dive in my pond
and pull out a fish. Get a dog.

You're not very koi are you Nad:O))

If you like weekends (8 hr./day & 40 hr./week), then thank a labor union.
They paid for it in blood. Real working class heros.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_affair

=
--
- Billy
Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.