Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gunner[_3_] Gunner[_3_] is offline

Default Tiller?

On Apr 11, 7:57*am, "Steve Peek" wrote:
"Gunner" wrote in message

On Apr 10, 3:19 pm, "Steve Peek" wrote:

*a handful of ramps and morels with
a few eggs is a meal fit for royalty.

Here in the PNW, its chanterelles and camas

We get the chanterelle here, but it's a late June through July thing. I
like to drop a chanterelle into vodka and let it soak for a month or so.
It's the ultimate martini.

Have to try that. But my 100 Proof gets make into Lemoncello. I've
need thinking to get a little still ....just for medicinal purposes,
of course.

Years later I discovered a mushroom club and my
education continues to this day.

Love to eat em, but still very, very leery of picking em wild and I
don't hike the woods as well as I used to plus wild pickers have been
known to rob & shoot each other here over a good chanterelles patch.

Perhaps you can help me ID this one below: In my neighbor's Doug fir
chip mulch, came up last year also. The nickle is a size reference:
http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/w...DSC_7797-1.jpg

Did ya hunt the wild ginseng back in the day? There is some big $$$$$
in that crop these days.