Old 11-04-2011, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Tomatoes

In message , Mary
writes
Hi (my first post here!!).
Is it better to start my tomatoes off in my house on a windowsill
rather than in the greenhouse. I am worried about them catching
damping-off in the greenhouse.
Thanks for any responses

As far as I know it doesn't really make that much difference but having
a greenhouse I would use it. It keeps things together and unless you
omit to vent the greenhouse and allow high temperatures & humidity to
build up unchecked, I don't think you'll have a problem. I believe it's
always wise to give most germinating seeds a bit of help by providing
some shade; certainly this applies to most seedlings (without
encouraging them to become too leggy. Good luck!
--
Gopher .... I know my place!