Old 11-04-2011, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Help with Heron please!

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

purplegirl wrote:
Hi, I am new to gardenBanter through desperation at losing all my fish
(30+) to a Heron. We have a decoy - obviously useless! but wondered if
anyone has had success with anything else? We want to re-stock but
only when we have made it safe from this horrible bird. Thanks.

Net the pond.

Easy solution sounds way to go. However the smart monsters can walk on
a net forcing it to provide water for your fish to enter. They "blue
Heron's" will wait and clean out a small pond. Fish to big to swallow
will just lose their eyes. Your fish Koi etc need a place to hide.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

"The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow." - Anon