Old 12-04-2011, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Tiller?

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Apr 11, 3:00 pm, "Steve Peek" wrote:

Dear God, please don't eat them based on a half-assed ID from an online
photo!

You need not worry that one......I don't even trust billy... nor his
other brothers bill and llib

but thanks for the lead,.... haven't got a good lead from the local
s'room folk here either, something about a trip they were on and they
would get back to me whenever.

Seriously now, maybe Pluteus cervinus? My wife says no guts.. no
glory, but I also caught her talking to the money guy on the phone the
other day about a good sum of money she might be able to get her hands
on. humm....

You stay in touch Steve Peek.

Remember you are on the other side of the world from me. IMHO they are way
too dark to be cervinus. Here they are tan to fawn in color, that's the
reason for my other suggestion. In my collection of mushroom books I have a
cookbook from the Puget Sound Mycological Society. I'd say they would be
good folks to look up. Don't sign up for any new life insurance.
Steve
(paranoid retired insurance adjuster)