Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Richard Krush

Default Nutrient deficiency or hungry otos?

Hi,

I have a 20 gallon aquarium, which is partially planted. The light seems
adequate (a double-strip T8 32W lamp is suspended one feet above the
aquarium) and the substrate consists of 50% flourite. I also have a
yiest-based CO2 system that has been going for a month now. However, one
of my Amazon swords seems to be in bad condition. Some leaves are covered
with holes, but most are fine.

My water parameters are as follows:

pH: 7.4
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrite: 0 - 0.15 ppm
Nitrate: 10 - 20 ppm
GH: 10 dGH = 179 ppm
KH: 5 dKH = 89.5 ppm

I also took a picture of some of the leaves that show the problem, it can
be found at the following address:

http://web.pdx.edu/~rkrush/amazon.jpg

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Richard

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein