Old 13-04-2011, 11:42 PM
Sultana Wahab Sultana Wahab is offline
Registered User

Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lyle[_1_] View Post
On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 22:37:02 +0000, Sultana Wahab
wrote:

Jake;916778 Wrote:
On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 22:00:00 +0000, Sultana Wahab
wrote:
-

Apologies if the above question sounds stupid. A nice response
appreciated.
Thanks for reading -

Reading the preceding postings which partly relate to the health
disbenefits of smoking, you talk about

"flicking" of cigarette ash.

The volume of ash resulting from the average cigarette is miniscule in
relation to the amount of soil surrounding the plant roots. It is also
miniscule in relation to the volume of foliage

on any respectable
plant.
So the answer is essentially "don't worry".
But, as an apologetic ex-filthy-anti-social-habit-smoker, I'm really
intrigued as to why you've asked the

question.

- I'm not good with words and I'll try and

explain why I asked the
question.
The Rose bush has been around for some years and I'm now attached to
it. It's pretty and makes me smile. Mistakes have been made and I was

just concerned.
During the cold periods when I'm stood by it, it brings me some kind of
warm comfort.

That's a good attitude, and ample reason for asking. Plants are living
things, and we do have relationships with them.
[color=blue]
It's only a frigging Rose bush, I know.
[/color

No, no! That's *not* a good attitude! You're among gardeners, so you
can stick with your true feeling

Do note what some of us said a few days ago, though: the ash is safe,
but on the whole, it's best not to put dogends on the garden or in the
compost because of the slight risk of plant
disease.

--
Mike.
- Mike, I can honestly say the butt ends have a home and it's the coke can that hides behind another pot plant. Best regards, s