Old 14-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Soren Fledger Soren Fledger is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post
Hi, I am new to gardenBanter through desperation at losing all my fish (30+) to a Heron. We have a decoy - obviously useless! but wondered if anyone has had success with anything else? We want to re-stock but only when we have made it safe from this horrible bird. Thanks.
How big is your pond? I think covering it with small-holed nets will help you get Heron away from your fishes. And yes, I think getting the smaller and faster ones will be a good trick too. But of course, it will always depend with your preference.