Old 14-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Soren Fledger Soren Fledger is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTu View Post
I live in zone 5, and wonder how I should treat Lavender before the
season starts....do I need to cut back last years growth? Thanks
I've read quite a few things about caring for lavenders. And from what I know, you need not do anything to your lavender on its first growth year. Then during autumn, after the flowerings has finished, you would need to just prune the top 6 inches. do this once yearly at that time of year and it is just that easy. Lavenders are very easy to grow and propagate.