Old 15-04-2011, 02:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Which tree?

In article , AL_n
writes
Thanks for that! I took my weeping willow back to the small garden centre
where I bought it. They let me change it for somethinh more suitable. After
much hunting and cogitating, I settled upon a griselinia littoralis a.k.a.
New Zealand Privet (one of the ones you suggested). I saw that it grows to
about the correct height and spread, and loves the sea air and full sun,
yet sheltered from the wind, so it should be happy here... Also great is
the fact that it's evergreen (I think). I'll follow your sdvice about
cutting back.

Al

Not that you will need to worry but Deer especially Muntjac have made a
beeline for someone's Griselina plants in a large garden locally!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph