Old 15-04-2011, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default feeding plants under bark

Janet Tweedy wrote in
:

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Better to rake the bark out of the way and put slow release fertiliser
under it or at least towards the bottom. Slower to do but more
effective.

Blimey! This garden is fairly large, about half an acre with a LOT of
shrubs planted about 6 years ago by a 'garden /landscape designer' .
Ah well Perhaps if i start straight away? ...................

Yea get started you lazy devil....what are you waiting for? :-}

I can't afford to buy bark but I know people who can and they hand out
blood fish and bone to everything. Shrubs, flowers, young trees, veg. and
hope for some rain to wash it all in. They do well and have few bad years.

Hope you find a solution you have confidence with.

Baz