Old 15-04-2011, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Hi All, newbie from Essex.

On Apr 15, 9:21*am, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:03:53 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Apr 14, 9:39*am, Mark Baigent Mark.Baigent.
wrote:
Hi all

Absolute novice here.

This bit snipped
Mark Baigent

You need a good weed killer. Brambles are hard to kill. * Cut it all
down and when you get fresh new growth (prob.in June) spray with
"Pastor".
This is the best weedkiller I know for brambles. * It takes about
three weeks to totally kill brambles.
You need to hit the fresh growth in non drought conditions (but no
rain.)
You might need to hit ones that appear later once more.
Cut all the dead down *again. If possible,set it on fire on site,
(kills weed seeds).
Best to rotovate after, damned hard work to dig it by hand with all
the roots etc.
You will need to go to agricutural supplier to get Pastor.
Pastor doesn't kill grass, just everthing else.
Do NOTspray on a windy day unless you hate your nieghbours.
Read the instructions esp. about what strength for what weeds & safety
precautions..

Here we go again. Harry, please realise that the OP, in his own words,
is an "absolute novice". Pastor is approved as an agricultural
herbicide for professional use only. IT IS NOT FOR AMATEUR USE IN
GARDENS. (I'm deliberately shouting!).

Jake- Hide quoted text -

I always give the best way to tackle a job. Pastor is the best way.
And don't talk to me about "proffesionals". Work creation that's all
it is.