Old 15-04-2011, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Rod's Garden

On Apr 15, 7:58*am, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Rod wrote:
Also at work I was
running a range of Victorian greenhouses by Messengers of
Loughborough and couldn't bear to watch them falling down so I spent
several winters working on those and learning some joinery along the
way.

Some years ago, when what had been the Messengers factory was
demolished, they found a pile of old catalogues abandoned in a
forgotten store room. They were sold off at 50p in the local WHS,
and they make fascinating reading. At the back they show some
actual installations, from conservatories to whole greenhouse
ranges, and list a whole lot more.

Really like your workshop.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon *Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

Yes and that wasn't that long ago - in the 1970s I think when they
closed down. I have been told that a lot of their paperwork is in the
Leics county record office including the ledger entries relating to
our greenhouses in 1883/1886 iirc.

Rod