Old 15-04-2011, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Labels

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:57:10 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

We have been going on about fading labels for a long time.
How about some lateral thinking.
How about dark or blach labels and white ink?

Last year I treated myself to a Brother tape label machine from Lidl
(a printing type not the embossing type) for about a tenner and stuck
the "printouts" onto ordinary plastic labels. The tapes aren't cheap
but they're quite long and the labels I made last year are still plain
to see and those outside haven't come unstuck. As I tend to grow
masses of the same varieties of bedding plants each year, the bedding
labels have been reused this year and seem likely to last at least
into next year so I think reasonable value overall.

A local garden centre also got fed up of written labels fading and so
invested in a new labelling system, with accompanying computer and all
that. Trouble is that their system is "thermal" so all the labels fade
even quicker than written ones!